NEW this year, join us for our live Facebook chats where you can talk one on one with the Walk staff. No questions are off limits!
- - Tuesday, March 4: Fundraising Tips
- - Tuesday, April 8: Fundraising Tips & Walk Weekend Prep
Walk MS Greater Delaware Valley is on Twitter @walkMSDelVal! Follow, retweet, reply and mention us in your tweets.
If you do not have a Twitter account, sign up for one at http://www.twitter.com and search for Walk MS Gtr Del Val. Then click the “Follow” button to get event updates in your Twitter feed!
Walk MS Greater Delaware Valley is on Facebook! Stay updated with the latest event news and photos by joining the Walk MS Greater Delaware Valley Fan Page on Facebook.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to "Like" and tag the page to help us grow! Be sure to post comments, share exciting news, and connect with other friends of the Chapter.
If you do not already have a Facebook account, sign up for one at http://www.facebook.com/.
Fundraise with Facebook
Walk MS has a Facebook application!
Log into your Participant Center and click on the “Fundraise with Facebook” icon. This will bring you to http://www.facebook.com/ where you will be prompted to enter your username and password.
The Facebook application features for participants are:
- -Donate your profile picture to the logo of NMSS, a convenient way to remind all of your friends on Facebook that you're participating and raising money for NMSS.
- -Send a stream story using the "Get the Word Out" feature and make it easier than ever for your friends to support you with a donation. Your friends can click directly on the status update that you send through the application to donate to your efforts!
- -Share your story with other participants of NMSS events, and read the stories other participants like you have posted about their own connections to NMSS.
- -View your personalized fundraising badge. Your fundraising badge includes a thermometer that keeps track of your fundraising progress, and provides an easy way to check your real time fundraising status in Facebook.
This app installs in just a few seconds on your Facebook page. It allows your entire Facebook network to donate directly to you. Fundraising has never been quicker or easier. Simply login to your Walk participant Center and Click on the icon that says "Fundraise with Facebook"
**To ensure that all donations are properly credited to your account, and are received by the Greater Delaware Valley Chapter, be sure to utilize the instructions above. Donations made through the “Causes” application may not be received. If you have already received donations through this application, please 1-800-883-WALK.**
How to Email Your Facebook Friends
Facebook limits your messages to 20 people at a time. To send a fundraising or recruitment email to a large audience you should export your Facebook friends’ email addresses into your personal email or Participant Center. Yahoo recently released a new feature that does this for you. Once logged into your Yahoo account, click on contacts and then select the option to import your Facebook friends. Yahoo will take you through the process step by step. If you don’t have a Yahoo account, you can create one to get your Facebook contacts and then export them from Yahoo into the email program of your choice.
Walk MS Fundraising and Recruitment Videos
View the our Walk MS Videos to help you as you ask your potential donors for donations and recruitment friends, family, and coworkers to your team. You can copy and paste the link of the video into emails you send, post them as your Facebook status or upload them to your personal page.
Use these links to share these videos with friends and family to join or support you:
Walk video archive can be found here