Participating in Walk MS is more fun when you are part of a team! Ask others to join you and enjoy walking together. Share the experience of connecting with friends, family, co-workers, neighbors or anyone that wants to end MS forever. Team captains serve as “inspirational leaders” for their team members. People raise more money together than they do alone. Download the Team Captain Guide (PDF) for some great tips on fundraising, to help you stay motivated and get your team organized.
How to form a team
- - Pick a team captain and register online or call us at 1-800-883-WALK
- - Choose a team name
- - Set your team goals
- - Recruit, recruit, recruit! There is no limit to how many team members you can have (you must have at least 4 walkers). Request free materials to help you recruit, including the promotional poster
If you would like to start a new team, contact your Walk site coordinator to involve us in your plans. Team members may register online or submit the offline registration form.
Team pre-registration perks
- - A personal walk staff coordinator to assist with outreach, recruitment of team members and fundraising ideas
- - The opportunity to participate in recruitment and fundraising week competitions and win fun prizes
- - Access to online fundraising resources as well as an individual, personalized fundraising center for you and your team
- - Receive all day-of information prior to walk day
- - Be the first to hear the latest Walk MS updates
New This Year
- -The 2015 Tremendous 200 Club honors our top 200 individual fundraisers from Walk MS 2014.
- -Participate in our Team Poster Distribution Challenge to help grow your team! Order Walk MS posters and distribute throughout your community to win an awesome team prize.
- -Include your contact information so potential team members can follow up with you to learn more about your team and register.
- -The team that distributes the most posters by April 1, wins!
- -Don’t forget to check the box on the material order form to indicate you’re participating in this fun team competition!
- -Mark your calendar for this year’s registration and fundraising team weeks Win great prizes like MS Society gear, tickets to local family attractions and museums, restaurant gift cards and team and individual recognition signs at your walk site!
- -Be one of the Top 10 teams at your walk site! We will recognize the top 10 fundraising teams Walk day – you’ll want to be a part of this exclusive group and opportunity for well-deserved recognition for your team’s hard work. Visit your walk site page to see if your team is in the running!
- -Just for you, captain: Because you are leading a fundraising team and putting in the extra effort to rally support in your community, we want to reward YOU! All team captains of teams that have raised the suggested minimum of $25 per team member will receive a very special gift to wear walk day and beyond! Stay tuned for more details on your team captain gift.
- -Downloadable fundraising thermometer to track your fundraising progress. Hang in your cubicle at work, on your refrigerator or at your next fundraiser and let everyone know how you’re doing with your fundraising.
The Following teams won a team recognition sign at their walk site because they were the first team to register at that particular site:
|Walk Site||Team||Team Captain
|Ridley Creek State Park
|Valley Preferred Cycling Center (LHV)
|Washington Lake Park
||Angels of Hope
|Ocean City Boardwalk
|East Goshen Twp. Park
|Tyler State Park
|Elmwood Park Zoo
|Devon Horse Show & Country Fair
||Super Mario Walkers
|North Penn High School
|Philadelphia Museum of Art
Team Achievement Awards:
- - Platinum Team - $2,500 - $4,999
- - Diamond Team - $5,000 - $9,999
- - Emerald Team - $10,000 - $13,999
- - Mission Possible Club (one dollar for every person in our chapter area living with MS) - $14,000+
Top Team Awards:
Teams are recognized in three categories at each Walk site. Please find a list of awards below:
- - Top Fundraising Team - the team that raises the most by the fundraising deadline
- - Largest Team - the team that has the most registered team members
Click here to see the list of top teams from 2013.
Small award gatherings: Our top teams, award winners and individual fundraisers will receive an invitation to an end of season celebration at a local restaurant.
Additional team benefits
- - Team website
- - Opportunity to participate in team contests
- - Team photo at Walk MS
- - Eligibility for Top Team Awards and plaques
Team t-shirt option
Team t-shirts are the perfect way to unite your team and enhance their experience at Walk MS. We’re excited to offer an inexpensive, easy and customizable team t-shirt option through On Point Charitees. Simply pick your t-shirt color, team logo or image, any wording and they’ll ship your t-shirts.
Click here to get started and help spread MS Awareness Walk day and beyond. For more details or should you have any questions, please e-mail Lori Ahart at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-403-6723 ext. 292.